Cracked or otherwise damaged screens are the most common type of damage we repair.
Most screen replacements can be done as a same day service, and all replacements come with a standard 6 month warranty.
Also, if you are experiencing:
- Backlight not working (everything is very dark)
- Screen is all white
- Display has coloured lines or minor cracks
- Touchscreen is not sensitive or there are dead areas
Then you very likely will need the screen replaced. Keep in mind also that most new phones have the glass touchscreen and display together as one part, so they may have to be replaced together.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Do you use genuine parts for your repairs?
- We actually give you a choice. We stock both genuine parts and aftermarket equivalents.
- What is the difference between aftermarket and genuine parts?
- There is no quality difference between the parts we use, in fact, we offer the same warranty on both. However, if you have an active warranty with your phone, using an aftermarket part will void it.
- Why do all the quotes I get for repairing a particular handset vary so much?
- There are several reasons, the most significant of which is that some claim to use genuine parts but in fact use aftermarket copies. This allows them to quote much cheaper than companies using only genuine parts. It may be impossible to tell whether you have an original part until your manufacturer rejects your warranty claim, and by then it’s too late.
- At Fix A Phone, we are often able to provide better prices through volume. We repair a large number of phones daily from all manufacturers, which gives us the flexibility to provide competitive prices across the board.
- In any case, if you do happen to find a better price for your repair, let usk now and we will beat it by at least 5%*.
Repairing liquid damage is often the most complicated and time consuming work that can be done to a mobile phone. Many repairers will not even attempt to repair liquid damage due to the risks of failure.
Fix A Phone offers a service for repairing water damaged handsets that guarantees you will never get hit with a bill higher than you expected.
As liquid damage is inherently unstable, there is an increased risk of further problems over time. However, all of our repairs are backed with a six month warranty and our 100% Customer Service Guarantee.
How it works:
- We agree on a quote range before the repair so you know what to expect
- We try to repair your device
- If we can’t, or we can’t do it within the agreed quote range, you don’t have to pay anything.
- Otherwise, you take your phone home fully working!
We are able to offer this service because of our high success rate, thanks to our excellent technicians and years of experience repairing water damaged phones.
Software faults means anything to do with your phone’s system or applications. Our technicians have years of experience dealing with a wide range of mobile operating systems including iOS, Android, BlackBerry and Nokia’s Symbian.
What kind of problems?
- If the phone is not booting up (stuck on boot logo)
- Certain applications aren’t working
- You want a custom ROM installed
- You want to back up or recover some data (pictures/contacts/messages/etc)
- The phone is running very slowly
- The battery is running down much more quickly than normal (could also be internal damage)
The real answer is we have the tools and expertise to do just about anything you want. So give us a call, let us know your needs and we’ll let you know what can be done.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can you guarantee my data will be safe?
- No. While we make every effort to keep it intact, we cannot guarantee the safety of your data. The reason is that often it is outside of our control. The data may already be lost before we examine the device, it may not be possible to fix without wiping the data, or any number of other factors may cause loss of data.
- Should I back up my data before coming to you?
- Yes. We do recommend you back up your data regularly if possible. Again, while we will make every effort to retain it, sometimes it is not possible.
- Can you back it up for me?
- We can try, but we can’t guarantee it.
Power faults are anything to do with battery life, charging or the phone’s ability to turn on.
This can mean:
- Battery life is a lot shorter than it should be
- The phone won’t turn on
- The phone works but won’t charge
- The charging connector is loose or only works intermittently
Most power problems are a result of either a weak battery or a faulty charging connector. However, water or physical damage can also short out parts of the phone, causing it to heat up and drain the battery too quickly, or even prevent it from turning on at all.
Because there can be a number of factors that can cause power issues, we may not be able to provide an exact quote. What we do is provide a realistic price range based on our past experience.
If you have a phone that is locked to an Australian or international carrier (like Telstra, Optus, Vodafone, Orange, AT&T or others) and you want to use it with another carrier, you will need to have it unlocked.
Important: This is not the same as a blocked handset. If you have found a mobile phone and it doesn’t work, it’s most likely the phone has been reported as lost. If this is the case the handset cannot be used with any Australian carrier, and cannot be unblocked by us. You can check if your handset is blocked using the online AMTA IMEI Status Check service.
Unlocking your phone can take anywhere from one to ten days depending on the carrier.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- What is the difference between a software unlock and official unlock?
- An official unlock is done through the carrier that the handset is locked to. Once the unlocking is complete, it will never be locked again and can be used on any network that the phone supports.
- A software unlock changes the phone’s software to ‘trick’ it into thinking it is already unlocked. While this can often be cheaper than paying for an official unlock, it comes with several disadvantages:
- The phone’s software cannot be updated (as it will be locked again)
- The phone may be more vulnerable to malicious software or hacking
- It may also void the manufacturer’s warranty
- How long will it take?
- The time it takes will vary significantly depending on the carrier and method. Generally, software unlocks and Australian carriers are quick, while overseas carriers take longer.
- Unlocks can take anywhere between one hour and two weeks depending on the mobile network the handset is locked to.
Housing problems relate to the case of the handset, front buttons, keyboard, side and back covers.
We keep a stock of parts on hand for many different models, which allow us to have a faster average turnaround than most of our competitors. We can also mail the parts out if you would like to do it yourself.